Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Been a long time

I know it's been a while since I last put anything up here, but no one reads this, so it doesn't really matter does it? I wish I was a more consistent writer, but I just don't feel like I have the time or mental energy to spend crafting witty thoughts and comments together on a daily basis. I don't know how some of these folks do it, unless it's written into their job description.

I have been thinking alot these days...I suppose that could be said for every day for just about every one of us. But my thoughts have been all over the place of late. But, of course, the most pertinent of things is what has drawn me out of hiding to actually type something today: the NCAA Tournament. Since my alma mater, Ohio State, is a number one seed i guess I'm excited. But I'm probably more nervous and pessimistic than excited....especially since the football team's debacle in the desert against Florida. I would much prefer to to be about a three seed with limited expectations. The other quandary I'm in with regard to the tourney is that my two other favorites, Xavier and Tennessee, happen to fall into the same small "sweet 16 possible" group with OSU. How much of a bummer is that? Well, at least I can say that a team I'm pulling for has a better than average shot of making it past the Sweet 16. But somehow, some way, probably none of them will. My pessimism runneth over.

Well...nothing like very "surfacy" sports thoughts to get the ball rolling again. But coming up in the next day or two: A Larry King like commentary on multiple topics, but with more commentary on each thing. Oh stop...You're salivating.

P.S. Go to the link...Has nothing to do with basketball. Everything to do with doing something with our lives that matters.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hey Doug, you never know who is reading! Just clicked to yours through Dave. :)Hope you and Susan are well...and happy belated 35th birthday in Feb if I recall. Remember out in NE we went duck pin bowling for your bday!